Many of us enjoy being pregnant but some of us just can’t wait to give birth (especially if we’re overdue or feel like a beached whale) and will do some unusual things to encourage baby to arrive into the world sooner.
I have previously blogged about natural ways to bring on labour and recently I read an interesting article about Wacky Ways to kick start your labour.
Here are the combined set of tips on how to help you reach your due date!
- Spicy Foods -Eating spicy curries or foods with chilli or cinnamon can be warming and many women have said that the heat has brought on their labour
- Sex- you’ve probably all heard about this one! Hubby will be happy too!
- Pelvic floor exercises -apparently stimulating the pelvis can help with uterine contractions.
- Steaming coffee grounds- this is a very unusual method where you place a plastic bowl in the toilet, put some ground coffee into it, pour hot water on top and, squat over the bowl and steam ‘down below’ for about 20 minutes. Sounds a bit weird to me!
- Acupuncture which has been used for centuries is apparently meant to help stimulate uterine contractions to induce labour. Not into needles? then try Reflexology which works in a similar fashion.
- Watching a scary, comical or emotional movie can apparently assist in releasing emotions and relax or scare you so baby’s arrival is faster!
- Galloping like a horse, curb walking (walking with one foot on the curb and one on the ground) or bumpy car rides.
- We don’t really recommend any methods to bring on your labour! But found some of these methods quite amusing!
Has anyone had any success coaxing baby out using a weird or wacky technique? We’d love to hear your experiences!