Relaxing can often be a tricky business when you are pregnant. Your body is dealing with a huge change in your hormone levels and once it gets used to that, you have grown so big that you begin to feel more physically uncomfortable. This is very noticeable when it comes to being able to relax. For instance, acid reflux may prevent you from being comfortable as it tends to feel worse when you lay down. Getting enough sleep is essential to a healthy pregnancy. Here are some ideas to help you get the rest and relaxation you deserve!
- Whatever stage of pregnancy you are at, pillows are your best friend. Use as many as needed to make yourself comfortable.
- A soothing, milky drink before bed will encourage you to sleep, plus it can also help calm acid reflux.
- Try using aromatherapy. A few drops of lavender or chamomile in a warm bath is thought to help with relaxation. Be cautious when using aromatherapy oils as some are not suitable to use when pregnant.
- Make sure the room you sleep in is at a comfortable temperature. If you are too hot, too cold or if the room is too stuffy, it will be harder to fall asleep.
- Learn some meditation and breathing techniques to help you relax.
Use these tip to help you relax as much as possible. After all, once baby arrives you will be kept very busy indeed!